We reject the Macron-Delevoye pension system mission. It have to be eliminated. The federal government should open a debate for a reform of progress, the forces of the left and social transformation too. We assist the continued battle for a great retirement, in opposition to the present mission, and convey avenues for various proposals.
Retirement, a interval through which every and everybody, when the time comes, workouts a free exercise whereas persevering with to obtain remuneration from all of the wealth created by those that work, is a useful contribution to society. Its growth is feasible!
However the Macron-Delevoye mission carries one other social mission. It makes it doable to regress annually, as a result of the whole lot is introduced again to the worth of the purpose, which should differ in order to restrict retirement expenditure to 14% of GDP and restore the stability of income and expenditure … with out proposing assets financing information! It could impoverish retirees as a result of the pension could be primarily based on the common of all wages acquired, reasonably than the most effective wages. It could additional jeopardize employees who already are. It could create widespread uncertainty concerning the retirement pension that may actually be affected. It expressly goals to lift the efficient retirement age, with a primary step at 64. It’s primarily based on the dogma of limiting public and social spending. He carries a non-united individualization. He pits the generations in opposition to one another.
We additionally refuse the established order, as a result of our PAYG pension system wants reform for social and societal progress. It must be improved. And it’s doable. Extending the lifespan, with the ability to have a wholesome retirement time, with the ability to stay a very long time with an appropriate retirement to assist oneself even at previous age are challenges of civilization to which our society should reply positively .
We think about that it’s our accountability, as a commerce unionist, an mental, a citizen, an affiliation chief, a political chief, an elected official, to debate, in assist of mobilizations, a lot of ideas for such progress reform. The purpose is to enhance the present system for social and civilization progress.
The federal government should comply with open the controversy, to not regulate its factors system, however on options for progress. We advance pointers right here. Past that, every and everybody should have the ability to take part on this debate and make a contribution. For this, police violence and repression should additionally cease. We have to spend extra on pensions. It’s fascinating. It's doable. Funding is the central battle. Our society is wealthy. It’ll produce 1.6 to 2 occasions extra in 2040 than in 2000. It produced four occasions extra, excluding inflation, in 2000 than in 1960. Over these two intervals, that is sooner progress than that of the variety of retirees reported to property.
There may be additionally a possible for wholesome wealth growth, each ecological and social, however it’s thwarted, even perverted. It’s vital to transform manufacturing and develop employment to provoke its true social and ecological transformation. The pension system should have the ability to contain firms on this sense, that’s what would basically safe it.
The main impediment to all that is capital, notably massive monetary capital, which imposes its logic and its voracity. Predator, he appropriates wealth. Malthusian, he opposes social safety contributions to save lots of his income. Steeped within the previous buying and selling world, it immerses social programs in at the very least social competitors. Obsessive about monetary profitability, he opposes environment friendly, job-creating and ecological investments within the title of “labor prices”. It imposes hypothesis, monetary investments and relocation relentlessly. He opposes the growth of public providers, employment. It perverts “development”, an increasing number of poisoned by finance, precariousness, the shortage of high quality jobs and expertise and by ecological air pollution. Corporations and all employers have to be torn from this deleterious logic and brought to a path of progress, of social, financial and ecological effectivity.
This is the reason 5 main questions appear important to us for a retirement system as much as the challenges of the XXI e century. They will assist ongoing struggles in opposition to this logic of capital that they really face. They may help reinforce the demand for an additional logic of enterprise exercise and for the event of public providers which is asserting itself, by serving to to determine particular levers for change.
• To make the monetary earnings from capital contribute, that which firms and banks obtain (dividends, curiosity, royalties, and so forth.), to detoxify the finance economic system, but in addition to make the capital earnings of households contribute higher.
• Enter into one other relationship with companies, for instance with a system of modulation of the employer contribution fee to develop employment, wages and expertise, a sound foundation for exercise and the manufacturing of wealth, with the intention to sustainably enhance the mass of contributions and alter our growth strategies. For instance, companies that reduce jobs, wages, work in precarious jobs and fail to use gender pay might be penalized. Those that need to progress by counting on the capacities of men and women by way of the event of employment, coaching and wages could be favored. That is to extend the general mass of contributions. It shouldn’t be a “zero sum recreation”. Additionally it is essential to re-examine all of the social safety contribution exemption schemes (greater than 50 billion euros), which encourage low wages, particularly profit the most important firms and destabilize the financing of the system.
• Public providers, establishments and safety programs. New public providers for the aged and for the care of the aged and lack of autonomy have to be developed, programs have to be put in place to safe the employment of working-age seniors, whereas half of them is presently out of labor, lighten their sentences and manage gradual departures from employment for the good thing about the youngest. Extra typically, it’s essential to safe and promote all careers, with formidable mechanisms for the entry of ladies and younger folks to high quality employment, and to consider coaching intervals.
• Democracy. Democracy have to be put again on the heart of the pay-as-you-go pension system in order that these involved themselves grasp the administration of a system that has grow to be, over time and thru counter-reforms, more and more authoritarian and technocratic.
• Unification. Unify the system upwards by widening the social progress of particular and particular pension schemes to all trades and workers in a department, specifically with regard to the arduousness of labor. For instance, prolong the particular regime for SNCF or RATP drivers to all street passengers and items drivers. The ideas have to be these of the distribution, a departure at 60, with a full fee, taking into consideration the most effective years of wage, taking into consideration the true profession variations between private and non-private, taking into consideration the years of 'research, a departure earlier than 60 years at full fee associated to the arduousness or for individuals who begin working early, enhance the minimal retirement, the state of affairs of ladies, precarious and never deteriorate that of households, apply the identical account of the annuities for kids within the public (2 phrases) than within the personal sector (eight phrases).
On the similar time, the system could be tremendously strengthened by widespread mechanisms for securing pension programs in Europe and their promotion, as an alternative of placing them in competitors and making use of the Union's retrograde Gope (broad financial coverage pointers). in actuality outlined by governments. The ECB may finance a pension assist fund in Europe. A social non-regression clause might be adopted. A European convention on pensions might be organized alongside these traces.
The mandatory dialogue of those 5 questions as axes of a reform of progress doesn’t exclude the necessity to open the extra basic debate to place employment, ecology and the battle in opposition to inequalities on the coronary heart of financial coverage, for an additional social, ecological and financial effectivity, in opposition to austerity and for overcoming this capitalist, hypermarket, aggressive and anti-ecological society.
The talk should happen. Politics shouldn’t be accomplished “alongside content material”. We anticipate political events and forces to formulate coherent proposals. They shouldn’t be content material with asserting typically laudable social aims, with out saying obtain them, with what means and what democratic powers. We can be found for work proper now.
The federal government’s mission was solely supported by 24% of the votes solid within the first spherical of the presidential election, when selections have been made on the initiatives. And as we speak, past even the voters, a majority of French persons are against it. This mission due to this fact has an issue of legitimacy. The federal government should not skew by way of categorical and divisive changes and concessions with the intention to keep, in any respect prices, the precept of abolishing the present system and to introduce its level system which might open the best way to all different subsequent challenges. The Macron-Delevoye mission have to be withdrawn and dialogue opened on options for social progress.
First signatories: Hélène Adam, commerce unionist, Boris Amoroz, commerce unionist Alstom, Gérard Aschieri, commerce unionist FSU, Daniel Bachet, sociologist, Philippe Batifoulier, appalled economist, Jean-Marc Baud, ATER researcher, Amar Bellal, college professor, editor-in-chief of Progressive, Véronique Biarnaix-Roche, chemistry unionist, Frédéric Boccara, economist, member of the CEN of the PCF, Stéphane Bonnéry, college professor, Paul Bouffartigue, CNRS sociologist, Ali Boulayoune, sociologist, Didier Bourgoin, FSU territorial secretary basic, Philippe Boursier, economist, Copernic Basis, Pascal Buresi, historian, CNRS-EHESS analysis director, Marie-Claire Cailletaud, vitality unionist, Jean-Marc Canon, basic secretary of the U.S.-CGT civil service, Cyril Caremier, public statistician, CGT unionist, Hervé Christofol , Snesup-FSU educational, Pierre Cours-Salies, sociologist, Christian de Montlibert, sociologist, Viviane Debarges, well being unionist-social employee, Hervé Defalvard, economist, Léon Deffontaines, secretary basic Motion of younger communists, Alexandre Derigny, secretary basic federation CGT finance, Yves Dimicoli, economist, Jean-Paul Domin, economist, Marnix Dressen-Vagne, sociologist, J ean-Michel Drevon, FSU Analysis Institute, Alain Dru, director Union confédérale des retirees, Sylvie Durand, commerce unionist, Denis Durand, economist, co-director Political economics, Jean-Marc Durand, public finance inspector, Corine Eyraud, sociologist, Dominique Fichten, assistant basic secretary CGT funds, Barbara Filhol, basic secretary USD 94, Laurent Frajerman, schooling historian, Maryse Gadreau, economist, Benoît Garcia, supervisor CGT public finance union, Sébastien Gasc, railway employee, CGT unionist, Anaïs Henneguelle, dismayed economist, Arthur Jatteau, depressed economist and sociologist, Anne Jollet, historian, Historical past Notebooks, Pascal Joly, railway employee, commerce unionist CGT, Michel Katchadourian, activist mutualist, Thierry Kirat, CNRS analysis director, Isabelle Krzywkowski, educational, Frédérique Landas, commerce unionist within the territorial public service, Didier Lassauzay, commerce unionist CGT, Ivan Lavallée, IT professor, Hervé Le Bouler , forester, environmental activist, Didier Le Reste, commerce unionist, railway employee, Cécile Lefèvre, sociologist, Michèle Leflon, physician, hospital affiliation activist, Sylviane Lejeune, instructor, commerce unionist UGICT-CGT, Wenceslas Lizé, sociologist, Olivier Lengthy, painter, educational, Yvette Lucas, CNRS honorary analysis director, Corinne Luxembourg, geographer, Jean Malifaud, Snesup-FSU commerce unionist, Justine Malle, director, Nasser Mansouri-Guilani, economist, commerce unionist, Nicolas Marchand, retired, PCF activist, Denis Merklen, sociologist, Régis Metzger, faculty instructor, SNUipp-FSU union member, Régis Mezzasalma, CGT union member, Noufissa Mikou, retired college professor, Catherine Mills, economist, Michel Molesin, metallurgical engineer, commerce unionist, Maryse Montangon, hospital laboratory technician, commerce unionist, Cécile Muret, commerce unionist Confédération paysanne, Mohamed Oussedik, employee, basic secretary of the CGT glass federation -ceramic, Jacques Pasquier, commerce unionist Confédération paysanne, Grégory Pastor, commerce unionist Normal Electrical, nationwide commerce union coordinator, Willy Pelletier, sociologist, Copernic Basis, Irène Pereira, thinker, Roland Perrier, retired technical schooling, PCF Financial Fee, Marion Plault, engineer analysis, Véronique Ponvert, professor of letters, FSU commerce unionist, Jean-Claude Pradeau, aeronautical commerce unionist, Frédéric Rauch, economist, editor-in-chief Political economics, Michel Rizzi, RATP govt, commerce unionist, Frédérique Rolet, professor of letters, Snes-FSU commerce unionist, Fabienne Rouchy, commerce unionist Banque de France, François Salomé, nationwide president of the JOC, Aymeric Seasseau, PCF nationwide chief, Philippe Sultan, Copernic Basis, Baptiste Talbot, commerce unionist CGT territorial public service, Évelyne Ternant, professor of economics and administration, retired, Benoît Teste, professor of historical past and geography, commerce unionist FSU, Christophe Voilliot, co-secretary basic of Snesup, Louis Weber, editor, commerce unionist, Élisabeth Zucker, demographer, CGT social affairs.