AT Paris, greater than 35,000 houses have definitively left standard rental to hitch vacationer rental by way of the Airbnb and HomeAway platforms
Within the streets of sure districts, 50% of the rental inventory and nearly the entire small dwellings are already phagocytosed by vacationer leases
Financial competitors and the facility of exclusion that the vacationer rental market exerts on the standard rental inventory is subsequently intensifying notably within the hearts ” premium »Of main French cities, particularly since 2015. At this date, the variety of lodging accessible for vacationer rental on Airbnb within the municipal park-center of huge cities has continued to surge. In a single 12 months, from Might 2016 to Might 2017, it elevated by 130% in Bordeaux, 120% in Nantes, 90% in Montpellier, 70% in Lyon and Strasbourg, 60% in Marseille, 50% in Lille and 40% in Paris(43) .
(59) United States Nationwide Structure Middle. Fourth Modification. https://constitutioncenter.org/interactive-constitution/amendment/amendment-iv
(60) Thomas Piketty (2019). Capital and Ideology. Paris: Threshold.
(61) The New York Instances. Decide Blocks New York Metropolis Regulation Geared toward Curbing Airbnb Leases. January three, 2019. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/03/nyregion/nyc-airbnb-rentals.html
(81) The Dialog. Airbnb and the short-term rental revolution – How English cities are struggling. August 23, 2018. https://theconversation.com/airbnb-and-the-short-term-rental-revolution-how-english-cities-are-suffering-101720
(82) Level. Paris: 20% of homeless individuals on the metro have a job. November 18, 2019. https://www.lepoint.fr/societe/paris-20-des-sans-abri-du-metro-ont-un-travail-18-11-2019-2348055_23.php
(83)Launch. Precarious employees and homeless, they sleep within the metro. November 26, 2019. https://www.liberation.fr/france/2019/11/26/travailleurs-et-sans-domicile-fixe-ils-dorment-dans-le-metro_1764983
(84)The Guardian. Airbnb and the so-called sharing economic system is hollowing out our cities. August 31, 2018. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/aug/31/airbnb-sharing-economy-cities-barcelona-inequality-locals
(85) The Guardian. Cities. The Empty Doorway. https://www.theguardian.com/cities/series/the-empty-doorway
(86) The Impartial. The slum “super-sheds” now housing Britain’s most weak residents. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/the-slum-super-sheds-housing-britains-most-vulnerable-residents-2351022.html
(87) Karl Polanyi (1944 (1983)). The Nice Transformation. The political and financial origins of our time. Paris: Gallimard.