For 92% of French individuals, turning into a house proprietor stays an vital step (+Three factors vs 2019). Almost one in two French individuals even say that it’s a necessary act.
Changing into an proprietor: an more and more vital step within the lifetime of French individuals
For the 2nd consecutive yr, Artémis courtage, an unbiased mortgage brokerage firm and borrower insurance, endeavors by way of a research performed with OpinionWay, to know the notion of the French concerning their relationship to property possession.
- Changing into a house owner is vital and even important for nearly all French individuals (92%, +Three factors since February 2019)
- For 90% of interviewees, this is step one in build up their belongings, but additionally a assure of independence (86%), safety within the occasion of an issue (84%) or perhaps a life objective to succeed in (77%).
Troublesome entry to mortgage
Taking out a mortgage with direct banks stays troublesome for nearly half of French individuals, regardless of a positive scenario, particularly with very low rates of interest.
- 74% of French individuals understand the present price scenario as favorable for borrowing: +11 factors in comparison with February 2019.
- For this reason the intention to make use of the comparability between totally different gamers (banks, insurance coverage, and so on.) is creating by calling on a mortgage dealer and mortgage insurance coverage for 58% of French individuals, a leap of +5 factors in comparison with to February 2019. With, as the principle motive, the seek for the most effective mortgage provides (57%).
- 56% of householders in contrast a number of banks earlier than embarking on their actual property venture.
The French are divided on the standard of the motion of the elected officers of their municipality when it comes to actual property: they’re usually happy with what is completed to facilitate development however are extra blended concerning the amenities for purchasing an house or Of home.
- Just one in two French individuals (51%) considers it straightforward to personal a property of their municipality. Nevertheless, this isn’t a figuring out issue within the alternative of the candidate for whom they are going to vote within the subsequent municipal elections.
- Solely 42% consider that their municipality is making sufficient efforts to financially encourage entry to actual property (help, loans, and so on.).
- Residents of the Paris area really feel that their municipality will not be making sufficient efforts to purchase a home (62%) or an house (52%).
It’s attention-grabbing to notice that greater than seven in ten individuals (71%), who don’t personal their residence, wish to turn out to be one. The will to turn out to be an proprietor is robust: 40% declare that they’d very very similar to to turn out to be an proprietor.
Turn out to be an proprietor, the holy grail
Above all, interviewees think about that proudly owning a house is a private achievement. 90% consider that this is step one in constructing wealth (+2 factors vs 2019), but additionally a assure of independence (86%), safety within the occasion of an issue (84%) or perhaps a life objective to succeed in (77%, +2 factors vs 2019). It is usually a horny monetary funding for 87% of them (+2 factors vs 2019).
Not surprisingly, extra Ile-de-France residents think about it troublesome to entry actual property: 61%, together with 30% very troublesome (in comparison with 44% within the provinces, together with 9% very troublesome).
But additionally a supply of bother
45% additionally see proprietor standing as a supply of bother (however which is down in comparison with 2019, -2 factors). This drop is especially felt amongst 18-24 yr olds. They’re, certainly, this yr 43% to have this sense in opposition to 60% in 2019.
Rental property funding, secondary
On the whole, the French favor to spend money on housing which they are going to use for his or her each day use. Therental investment by way of the pinel device or the Denormandie device is taken into account secondary for almost all of French individuals. They first wish to purchase their fundamental residence at 78% earlier than embarking on a rental funding.
Obstacles to actual property possession are linked primarily to monetary elements
Nearly all of boundaries to homeownership for non-homeowners are down this yr. The financial scenario stays the principle impediment: firstly earnings (74%) down 9 factors, but additionally the skilled scenario (65%, steady). Subsequent, cited as main obstacles by half of respondents, are age (54%, -6 factors), information of the actual property market (51%, -Three factors) and household scenario (38%, -12 factors vs 2019). It needs to be famous that the introduction of withholding tax is much less perceived as an impediment than in 2019. Solely 28% of non-owners point out it as a brake (-6 factors vs 2019).
Use of mortgage for 73% of French individuals
Almost three out of 4 homeowners have taken out a mortgage to amass property of their fundamental residence (73%). Nevertheless, 44% of French individuals think about that it’s troublesome right now to acquire credit score from direct banks. 10% of them even discover it very troublesome.
Sure classes of householders have used mortgage loans extra for the acquisition of their fundamental residence, specifically those that discover it simpler to acquire loans from banks: individuals underneath 50 and the wealthiest socio-professional classes CSP + (86% versus 76% within the in style CSP- classes).
Examine mortgage mortgage provides from banks
56% of householders in contrast a number of banks earlier than embarking on their actual property venture. This development appears to be creating since greater than three aspiring householders in 4 (77%) intend to make such a comparability (+four factors in comparison with 2019).
The seek for the most effective mortgage provides is the primary motive to rent a dealer (57%), adopted by the seek for the most effective mortgage insurance coverage provides (38%). A part of the French additionally point out that they will use the providers of a dealer to acquire credit score extra simply (26%), assess their monetary capability (24%) or receive credit score extra rapidly (21%).
Methodology: The pattern was drawn up in keeping with the quota methodology, with regard to the factors of intercourse, age, socio-professional class, agglomeration class and area of residence. The interviews have been carried out by on-line self-administered questionnaire on CAWI (Laptop Assisted Internet Interview) system. Goal: 1,002 individuals consultant of the French inhabitants aged 18 and over. Length of the fieldwork: from 22 to 23 January 2020. OpinionWay carried out this survey by making use of the procedures and guidelines of the ISO 2025 commonplace.